Search for hotels, bed & breakfasts, alternative lodging and more.
Whether you're arriving by boat, car, plane, train, or bus, it's easy to get to Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay. Maryland's capital city is located on the Severn River where it meets North America's largest estuary, the Chesapeake Bay. America's Sailing Capital is conveniently located just 26 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor and 32 miles from Washington, D.C. This makes the destination a natural choice if you're planning day trips to the two major cities. If you're still researching your trip, this section of our website can help simplify your planning. With maps, transportation information, and suggested itineraries, we'll have you off on your dream journey in no time.
- The county is conveniently located between Baltimore and Washington, D.C., just off the east coast's major north-south highway, I-95.
- Airlines including American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, Southwest, Air Tran, US Airways and more make flying into Anne Arundel County's BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport a snap. For airport information call: 800-435-9294.
- AMTRAK trains stop at the BWI station for convenient connections to Annapolis via a reserved 24-hour advance shuttle service. If you prefer, a shuttle service representative will meet you at the train. Options include: The Airport Shuttle 1-800-776-0323 or Lighthouse Limousine 1-866-605-4661. For train schedule information, call 800-USA- RAIL or visit AMTRAK and take advantage of a 30% companion rail fare discount.
- Light rail provides a quick link from Baltimore's famed Inner Harbor and Camden Yards to BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport.
- Greyhound provides daily bus service to Annapolis. For fares and schedules, contact: 1-800-231-2222.