Marketing Sponsorship Program
The Fiscal 2024 Visit Annapolis & Anne Arundel County Marketing Sponsorship Program was established to support Annapolis & Anne Arundel County community groups, event rights-holders, non-profit organizations, sports groups, and other tourism-related businesses with an opportunity to apply for support intended to attract significant events, festivals, tournaments, exhibitions (and the event's visitors & spectators) into the destination.
The program is designed to generate an economic impact through tourism to Annapolis and Anne Arundel County. This program is for events/festivals that will occur from July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024. For events occurring beyond June 30th, we encourage applicants to apply for future consideration.
Sponsorship application criteria:
- Alignment with VAAAC’s Mission and Core Priorities: Sponsorship proposals must be in line with VAAAC's mission and core priorities. Applicants shall review our mission and priorities. View them here.
- One Sponsorship per organization per Fiscal Year: Each applicant is allowed to apply for only one sponsorship per event during the fiscal year.
- Detailed Marketing Plan Submission: Applicants are required to submit a detailed marketing plan alongside their sponsorship application.
- Funds Exclusively for Marketing Expenses: Sponsorship funds are intended solely for marketing expenses and are not available for general operating costs.
- Submission of Complete Application: The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted in full at the time of application. No applications will be reviewed without the inclusion of a marketing plan.
- Public Events Only: Sponsored events must be open to the public. Private, political, and fundraising events will not qualify for sponsorship.
- Consideration for Off-Season and Innovative Events: Events that take place during the off-season (November - April) and those that introduce new, unique, and innovative experiences for visitors will receive increased consideration during the review process.
- Post Proof of Performance Report: Recipients of sponsorship must provide a post-proof of performance report as outlined in your kick-off meeting with a VAAAC staff representative. This report must be received for the processing of the final payment.
- Good Legal and Financial Standing: Applicants must be in good legal and financial standing with VAAAC, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, the State of Maryland, and within the community throughout the application process and the terms outlined in an agreement
- Right to Modify Terms and Conditions: Visit Annapolis & Anne Arundel County reserves the right to modify and update the terms and conditions of its sponsorship programs at any time at its sole discretion.
Questions? Please get in touch with Dan Cook, Marketing Sponsorship Administrator, using the button below.
All sponsorships require a 1 to 1 cash match. All events/festivals must occur in Annapolis or Anne Arundel County to be eligible. Sponsorships must align with VAAAC's Mission and Core Priorities (review here). Applications must be submitted at least 90 days before an event or program. All applicants shall review the Sponsorship Criteria at the bottom of this page before applying.
Applicants may apply for one of the following sponsorship programs:
The Tourism Marketing Leverage Program (Marketing/Advertising Amplification)
The VAAAC Tourism Marketing Leverage Program enhances Annapolis & Anne Arundel County events, sports, and festivals by providing advertising promotional support. It aims to boost tourism in the area through increased paid advertising to attract visitors from 50/70+ miles away to your event. This program is designed to complement your existing marketing plan. To qualify, your event must already have a paid media plan in place. This program is geared towards multi-day festivals and events that promote overnight stays. It aligns with VAAAC's goal to promote Annapolis and Anne Arundel County as a destination for leisure, sports, recreation, business, agritourism, conferences, and meetings.
The Event Marketing Sponsorship (Major Event Support)
The VAAAC Event Marketing Sponsorship provides direct funding to support significant Annapolis & Anne Arundel County events, sports tournaments, and festivals. It aims to create an economic impact by promoting tourism to the area through major festivals. To qualify for this sponsorship, events should anticipate hosting over 5,000 visitors and align with VAAAC's mission, vision, and values. This program is intended for major events and festivals, particularly those that attract overnight out-of-state visitors. VAAAC seeks to leverage its expertise in marketing, public relations, sales, tourism development, visitor experience, and partnerships through this sponsorship. Applicants are required to provide an operating budget outlining the use of sponsorship funds at the time of application.
The Community Marketing Support Sponsorship (Up to $1,000)
The VAAAC Community Marketing Support Sponsorship assists non-profit community organizations and civic groups dedicated to enhancing visitors' experiences and fostering prosperity in the destination. Proposals should demonstrate both community benefits, elevating the visitor experience, and their value in tourism marketing for Visit Annapolis & Anne Arundel County.