3-Day Family Reunion Itinerary
Travel arrangements are being coordinated and secured. Your family is full of excitement and reunion fever. Some family members are flying into BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport from all over the country, and others are arriving by train, bus, and car. Now you must make sure everyone has a memorable time in the BWI Region. Thankfully, the BWI Region has a surplus of award-winning and notable accommodations, restaurants, amenities, and experiences to make any reunion fun and memorable.
Situated close to Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington and major transportation hubs are a few of the many reasons your family chose the BWI Region to host your reunion. So, be sure to take full advantage of the travel amenities, including the budget-friendly rental car services, to and from each location.
Now, it is time to make memories to last a lifetime with this three-day itinerary.
Day One - Arundel Mills
Arrive in the afternoon and check into The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI, or one of our many limited-service hotels like the Homewood Suites by Hilton BWI. Let the family get settled in and freshened up, and then board your hotel shuttle to one of these entertainment venues.
- Head to Arundel Mills for a late lunch in the food court or one of the many onsite or surrounding restaurants.
- Have a family shopping spree or do some window shopping. With a wealth of stores, boutiques, and kiosks, everyone is sure to see something they like.
- Let us not forget about the children. Have a fun-filled family game fest at Dave and Buster’s. Play a round of billiards or have a mini-family tournament.
- End the day with dinner and a thrilling show at Medieval Times before retiring to your hotel for an evening swim or a family powwow in the courtyard.
Day Two - Experience D.C.
There is no rush on day two because the perfect day is planned with plenty of time to reminisce on old memories and make new ones. So, gather the family for a delicious continental breakfast or a catered brunch. Next, get the family to D.C. by bus, car or metro!
- Start your D.C. trip with a family tour of some of the most monumental sites in the territory. Stroll the Smithsonian Gardens for some natural rejuvenation or tour the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
- Visit Lincoln's Memorial, or immerse the family in American heritage on a tour of some of the major African American monuments like the MLK Memorial, or the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Have lunch on the lawn at the National Mall or grab your favorite cuisine from one or two of the many food trucks on 14th Street.
- Next, head to the National Harbor to overlook the beautiful waters of the Potomac and take in the D.C. skyline from the top of The Capital Wheel. Capture memories on camera of the children's faces when they see The Awakening for the first time.
- Hit the harbor shops and boutiques to see who can snag the best finds or grab ice cream at Ben & Jerry's to enjoy by the water before heading back to the BWI Region for rest and relaxation.
Day Three - Experience Baltimore
For a complete experience of the BWI Region, Baltimore is a must. Day two set the bar high, but no worries! Day three will not disappoint! Grab breakfast bright and early and get the family to Baltimore.
- Start the day by the water exploring the famous Inner Harbor.
- Visit the National Aquarium and have lunch at the harbor, Fell’s Point, or at any one of Baltimore’s notable family favorite restaurants.
- Hit up a game at Camden Yards and cheer on the Orioles from one of the best MLB Parks in the nation!
- Board a private yacht in the Inner Harbor for a Watermark cruise for dinner with the family. Exploring the harbor by boat is a memory everyone will treasure!
Alternate Day Three- Experience Annapolis
Annapolis, without a doubt, is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the BWI Region. Gather the family for a delicious continental breakfast or a catered breakfast, and head to Annapolis.
- Start your experience at City Dock and enjoy the views of the water.
- Step into some of the unique, locally-owned fashion boutiques and specialty gift shops on Main Street for some shopping.
- Book a pavilion at one of the many county parks in Anne Arundel County for a day of family fun on the Chesapeake Bay!
- Board a private yacht at City Dock for a Watermark cruise for dinner with the family. Enjoy the ever-changing views, great food, music, lots of laughter, and reminisce about the memories made in the BWI Region.
Boasting Maryland's top shopping, dining, and entertainment venues, the BWI region promises to keep your family busy! With so many choices and experiences at the ready, planning your reunion in the BWI Region has never been easier. Whether it is a group outing, top notch catering or a venue that stands out among the rest, in the BWI Region you will get more. Explore the region with our easy Groups and Reunions Planning Guide and set the date and choose the home base that works best for your family. We cannot wait to welcome you and show you everything the BWI Region has to offer.