Annapolis Chocolate Binge Festival
The Annapolis Chocolate Binge Festival takes over the first block of West Street on Sunday, December 4, from 11 am - 5 pm, in a family-friendly celebration of all things cocoa. 2022 marks the 8th year of the event, and some new activities are coming your way!
Gingerbread House Contest
This year, with the help of Visit Annapolis & Anne Arundel County, the festival is hosting a gingerbread house decorating contest! The contest is open to anyone; church groups, kids, businesses, etc., and there are winners for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. All the houses will be displayed at the Visitor Center at 26 West Street from December 4-11, 2022. Get your creative juices flowing; we think a gingerbread crab or a gingerbread state house dome would look amazing! Read the contest rules here.
Hot cocoa with the popo. Image courtesy of the Chocolate Binge Festival.
Activities for All
- There will be plenty of live music all day long! Some of the acts and musicians to play at this year's festival are Naptown Sings & Plays, Lee Priddy Music, and Honey Sol. See the event website for the complete list of performers.
- Mission Escape Rooms will have their mobile escape truck at the event; test your wits and luck to beat the clock.
- Calling all kids, there will be a chocolate pudding eating contest- you do not want to miss out on winning this delicious contest.
- The restaurants and shops along West Street will also offer chocolatey food pairings and tastings throughout the day (additional fee).
- There is even a VIP lounge at Stan & Joe's - but act fast as tickets are limited and selling fast.
Image courtesy of Annapolis Chocolate Binge Festival.
As a bonus during the season of giving, attendees are asked to donate nonperishable food items or make a monetary donation.
Stay all day for the festival because you will not want to miss the grand illumination of West Street! The twinkling holiday lights will sparkle overhead at dusk, ushering in the unofficial start to the historic Annapolis holiday season. This winter landmark is the perfect backdrop for your holiday selfie! After, walk downtown to City Dock to enjoy the festive decorations up and down Main Street for the perfect end to your weekend in Annapolis!
For more fantastic holiday events, visit our holiday events page.